Council of Europe Development Bank - CEB
Formerly known as the Council of Europe Social Development Fund, on 1 November 1999 the Bank changed its name to Council of Europe Development Bank – (CEB, www.coebank.org/en), set up in 1956. The CEB originates from a „Partial Agreement“ of member states of the Council of Europe: 42 of the 47 States that comprise the Council of Europe are members of the Bank. The CEB is a multilateral development bank with an exclusively social mandate. The CEB´s headquarters are in Paris.
The CEB contributes to the implementation of socially oriented investment projects through three sectoral lines of action, namely:
- Sustainable and inclusive growth
- Integration of refugees, displaced persons and migrants
- Climate action: developing adaptation and mitigation measures
The Slovak Republic and the CEB
The Slovak Republic has became a member of the CEB since 22 December 1998, in accordance with the Governmental Resolution of the Slovak Republic No. 865 of 2 December 1998.
The Slovak Republic is represented at the regular meetings of the Governing Board of the CEB, whose member is the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary, Permanent Representation of the Slovak Republic to the Council of Europe, Strasbourg; and the Administrative Council of the CEB, whose member is Mr Martin Polónyi, Director General of Department of International Relations at the Ministry of Finance of the Slovak Republic.
Country Manager for the Czech Republic and the Slovak Republic at the CEB is Mr Jan Matuska.
Slovakia and CEB
Slovakia as a CEB donor
Governance and structure
Council of Europe Development Bank
55, Avenue Kléber
FR - 75116 Paris Cedex 16