Slovak Guarantee and Development Bank, joint-stock company
head of the organisation:
Štefánikova 27, 811 05 Bratislava – Staré Mesto borough
02/57 292 111
Mgr. Bc. Peter Dávid, MBA, Chairman of the Board of Directors and CEO
Participation of the Ministry of Finance of the Slovak Republic: The Ministry of Finance of the Slovak Republic is the founder and performs the founding function. The contribution of the Ministry of Finance of the Slovak Republic to the share capital amounts to SKK 800 million.
Slovenská záručná a rozvojová banka, a.s. (SZRB, a. s.) was established as a specialised banking institution to support small and medium-sized businesses. According to the Decision of the Ministry of Finance, Prices and Wages of the Slovak Republic No. 4/1990 of 13 February 1990, in accordance with the provisions of the Act on Banks and Savings Banks of the Czechoslovak Socialist Republic, it was decided to resume the activities of Slovak Tatra banka – SZB by Decision of the Minister of Finance of the Slovak Republic No. 7/1991 of 15 March 1991. According to Section 121 of Act No. 483/2001 Coll. on banks, SZRB, š.p.ú., shall be transformed into a joint-stock company. Decision of the Ministry of Finance of the Slovak Republic of 27 June 2002 under No. 2765/2002 - KM on the transformation of Slovenská záručná a rozvojová banka, štátny peňažný ústav, into Slovenská záručná a rozvojová banka, a. s.
The competences for the bank, established by the Ministry of Finance of the Slovak Republic, derive from the Foundation Deed.
The Foundation Deed defines the bank’s scope of business:
- banking activities
- receiving deposits and providing credit;
- payment and settlement, except for payment and settlement with foreign countries;
- providing bank guarantees and banking information;
- renting safe deposit boxes
- supporting business activities
- managing and using funds earmarked for the support of businesses;
- supporting business activities on the basis of support programmes announced by SZRB, š. p. ú., and providing funds earmarked for this purpose.