One of the key activities of the IFP is monitoring of fiscal policy development. Along with the macroeconomic analysis, impact of public finance on macroeconomic stability is being closely watched. Fulfillment of the Maastricht Criteria and duties related to the Stability and Growth Pact are also under permanent monitoring. In the future, monitoring of quality of public finance will become an important part of IFP activities with the main emphasis on the efficiency of general government expenditures. This webpage provides main fiscal indicators, which IFP is using and which offers an overview of public finance development. It is IFP’s intention to increase the number of indicators in the future.
On the bottom of the page, it is possible to download the file with the complete database. The indicators are divided into several areas:
1. Main indicators of GG - GG balance, gross and net GG debt, structural balance
2. GG debt - data concerning gross debt structure, net debt, contribution to growth of GG debt
3. Revenues and expenditures of GG and 3a. in detail - data from table 200 The ESA95 Transmission Programme
4. One-off and temporary measures MF SR and 4a. EC - a list of measures used for calculation of consolidation effort
5. Consolidation effort MF SR and 5a. EC
6. Fiscal impulse MF SR
7. Expenditures of GG according to the classification of government functions (COFOG) - data from table 200 The ESA95 Transmission Programme
8. International comparisons - balance, debt, revenues, expenditures of GG within the EU
Most of the fiscal indicators, in particular those concerning GG balance, are updated twice a year, always in accordance with the schedule of the Eurostat deficit and debt notification procedure (April, October). The COFOG data is available in the period T+12.