About Value for Money
The Value for Money project is a relatively new instrument started in 2016. Its main objective is to achieve higher effectiveness of general government expenditures, improve public services and consolidate public finance.
The review process is regular and systematic part of the budgetary process in order to assess the majority of general government expenditures, including the tax expenditures, over the election term.
The implementation of the measures identified by the reviews is monitored by the Implementation Unit at the Office of the Government of the Slovak Republic.
The Public Investment Project Assessment Framework adopted in 2017 defined methodological framework for the process and preparation of large investment projects and their assessment in accordance with the Value for Money principles.
The Value for Money department is thus responsible for preparing and publishing assessment of any public investment project with the cost above EUR 40 mil, or above EUR 10 mil in the IT area.
The Value for Money Department also plays a role in the process of establishing and strengthening the analytical capacities across public sector institutions.
If you would like to know more about Value for Money, have a look at this presentation.
Basic documents about Value for Money:
- Summary of Joint IMF/EC Technical Assistance - 05.02.2019, [pdf, 867 kB]
- Summary of Joint IMF/EC Technical Assistance - 05.02.2018, [pdf, 326 kB]
- Summary of Joint IMF/EC Technical Assistance - 06.02.2018, [pdf, 287 kB]
- Summary of Joint IMF/EC Technical Assistance - 20.03.2017, [pdf, 1000 kB]
- Summary of Joint IMF/EC Technical Assistance - 26.05.2016, [pdf, 592 kB]