Review of expenditures for environment amounting to 0.6% GDP identified the combination of lower expenditures and higher revenues totalling EUR 130 mil. The greatest value for people can come from improved air quality, but also from measures in waste management and public sewerage. Slovakia supports environmental protection by an amount comparable to V3 or EU average. In comparison to international standards, Slovakia shows above-average results in reducing greenhouse gas emissions, while it lags behind in waste water management, waste management and air quality.
- Final report - 20.05.2020, [pdf, 1353 kB]
- Summary of Interim report - 15.06.2017, [pdf, 1156 kB]
- Charts and tables (slovak version only) - 11.05.2017, [xlsx, 889 kB]
- Source data - 11.05.2017 [xlsv, 4225 kB]
Terms of reference
- Terms of Reference for Environmental Spending Review - 03.01.2017, [pdf, 99 kB]